The Board of Directors met on Thursday April 23rd to discuss a contingency plan for the 2020 season. We have decided, with cautious optimism, to proceed with a season that would begin on July 5th. This would be a shortened season. The format would most likely be a four week regular season through July with a playoff week the first week of August. Of course this plan is contingent on the lifting of gathering restrictions. If it looks like we will not be able to proceed with this plan as July approaches, we will re-evaluate the situation. Unfortunately the most likely outcome would be canceling the season at that point.
We hope that you will all stay with us and attempt to salvage at least some baseball for these players this summer. If you plan on participating, please don’t ask for a refund. However, if you have already paid for your player(s) and this plan does not work for your family, or if regardless of gathering regulations being lifted you prefer to keep your social distancing practices, a reimbursement plan will be posted on our website, http://www.gmlb.org/, by the end of this weekend if not sooner. Thank you very much. Stay safe and healthy.